In the world of merchant accounts, every business needs to consider what services they need, and which provider will work best for them. There are a lot of options out there and each merchant services provider brings something different to the table. At Instabill, we seek to inform merchants about different providers so that you may make the choice that is right for you. Below is our review of the Authorize.net merchant account, its key features, and more.
Authorize.net Merchant Account Pros
Authorize.net is a hugely popular, highly recommended merchant services provider for both brick-and-mortar and e-commerce businesses. Among the many features include:
- Payment gateway: authorize.net’s payment gateway is compatible with many popular shopping carts. This allows e-commerce merchants to choose a cart that best fits their needs.
- Value-added services: Attractive add-ons include fraud prevention schemes; programs to help small and medium-sized merchants manage their businesses; and customizable features for generating reports and statements.
- Support: Authorize.net also features a comprehensive client support system, which is quick to resolve issues. Live chat features, offer a phone number and present gateway number.
- Diversified forms of payment: Authorize.net merchant accounts can process credit card payments, electronic checks and mobile payments (via a mobile app) and also has a variety of virtual terminal features for merchants who process payments through mail orders and telephone orders.
Authorize.net Merchant Account Cons
While and Authorize.net merchant account has plenty of positives, there are some downsides:
- No integration: Although Authorize.net merchant accounts offer one of the most multi-functioning payment gateways in the industry, it does not offer an integration service. Thus, a payment gateway must be successfully installed in a merchant’s website in order for it to collect payments.
Authorize.net does not set up the gateway, but does offer technical support for it. Those who qualify for an Authorize.net merchant account will have to turn elsewhere to find payment gateway integration.
- Dashboard: Many an Authorize.net review say that the merchant dash board should be more user friendly as far as tracking transactions and analyzing sales on a per-day basis.
- Payment gateway fees: What may be affordable for some merchants, is expensive for others. Depending on your business model and setup, payment gateway fees may run rather expensive.
- Fraud tools: We’ve read Authorize.net reviews that while the fraud solutions offered are helpful, the fraud suite should be more user-friendly. Users find the setup process alone to be taxing and time-consuming.
What an Instabill merchant account can do for you
Instabill has offered quality merchant account solutions — both domestic and offshore — since the dawn of e-commerce. Within a 10-minute conversation, our expert merchant account managers will be able to find the ideal banking solution for your business.
- Instabill has credit card processing, mail-order/telephone order (MOTO) and point of sale (POS) solutions for more than 80 e-commerce. Whether you’re a merchant with an online gambling website, e-cigarettes or travel, we know the best banks eager to work alongside you.
- We offer industry-low rates for high risk e-commerce merchants worldwide, and a reseller program with generous revenue shares starting at 60 percent, specializing in high risk, hard-to-place industries.
- With an Instabill merchant account, our merchant account managers remain as your consultants for the life of your account with us.
- To learn more about Instabill merchant accounts, or another one of our many merchant services, contact us online today. You can also call 1-800-318-2713 to speak directly with a live merchant account manager.