Once you’re approved for a merchant account, Instabill can perform the payment gateway integration on your website for free. However, there are two ways of doing this—Secure Processing Form or Direct Post Integration. The latter method allows you to fully maintain the customer’s checkout experience without having to handle and store sensitive payment data.
How it works:
Here is a step-by-step summary of how Direct Post Integration works.
- Your customer selects the goods they want to purchase on your website and proceeds to checkout.
- While still on your server, you gather credit card information through your payment page.
- When your customer submits their order, their payment information is posted to the Instabill payment gateway. The sensitive payment data never touches your server.
- We send out the payment data to either approve or deny the transaction and then send you an XML-based response.
- Your server displays the confirmation to your customer.
Advantages of Direct Post Integration
While both methods mentioned above come already integrated into the Instabill payment gateway, it’s up to you to choose your preferred method. Direct Post Integration involves your server more, allowing you to control more aspects of your customer’s checkout experience. However, you do not have to maintain PCI compliance standards with Direct Post.
Application Programming Interface
Application Programming Interface (or API) is a description of the way one piece of software asks another program to perform a service. It is a type of common language spoken between two programs so they can communicate with each other. At Instabill, we have two types of API–one for Direct Post integration and one for Secure Processing Form integration. Because Direct Post Integration and Secure Processing Form are two different types of integration, they each require their own API.
Contact Instabill for More Information
Payment gateway integration can be confusing, and Instabill is here to help. If you have any questions about Direct Post Integration, Secure Processing Form, or another one of our services, feel free to contact us online by using the live chat feature below.