What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure is designed and developed by MasterCard and Visa to secure online transactions. As a new technical standard, it is designed to reduce risks of unauthorized card usage. With this new technology in place, online shopping has become more safe and secure for the merchants and the customers.
Visa has branded their system as “Verified by Visa” and MasterCard offers its system under the brand of “MasterCard SecureCode.” Although 3D Secure offers a wide and superior range of protection system merchants must not consider it as the universal remedy for all kinds of online payment fraud.
Advantages of using 3D Secure
There are many advantages of using 3D Secure. Some of them are given below:
- Reduced Risk Fraud – with this new technology misuse of cards and loss of payments is drastically reduced.
- More Protection – Authorization requires confirmation of identity, code etc. from the card issuer.
- Safety against Fraud Loss – it provides merchants security against fraud loss.
- Greater Customer Content – Using a 3DS protection such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode provides greater customer satisfaction. Clients now find it easy and secure to shop online.
- Increase in Sales – with the new customer confidence there is an increase in sales.
- Better International Transaction – merchants find it safe to accept international card transactions.
- Secure Server – 3D Secure offers secure transactions through SSL encryption.
- Merchant Satisfaction – with reduction in fraud cases the merchants get an opportunity to increase sales and decrease disputed transactions.
3D Secure allows online validation of payments and credit card transactions. As an authentication technology, 3DS uses SSL encryption to transmit information. At Instabill, we believe in providing our clients with the best and that is why we offer 3DS system for safe online transactions.